In the dictionary one can adjust both volume and note-duration for articulation. Why not implementing adjustable velocity and Control-Change 7/11 (selectable which one should be used) to crescendo, decresendo, diminuendo and hairpins? This settings should be also available in the inspector being that there are quite often different ways in a score how hairpins should be played. Sure there is a plugin which does this ...more »
The midi-control-capability provided in the playback-dictionary is quite a good start.
For modern composers it might be very helpful to add some control-changes or, much better, let the user specify which CC should be manipulated in which way by which text or line.
Modern composer would not be forced to use a DAW rather than Sibelius. It also would fit the post about micro-tuning and modern notation.
I recently noticed a bug in the transposition by key function of Sib 7. The transpose by key option sounds like the simplest option there is when transposing a part or whole of a piece but it proved to be anything but. The score i was working on was a medium sized orchestral score but with frequent modulation and it was in attempting to run this function on a selected passage that the problems began. First, it was ...more »
Especially for changing tempo it would be great to have a "conductors ruler" like in Pro Tools.
I would appreciate to record tempo-changes using the scroll-wheel of my mouse rather than tapping the tempo with the keyboard. It would be more precisely.
Please see this as an additional feature to the existing "conductor".
Instrument changes break multirests, which doesn't make sense as it's an element "outside" of the musical logic. This makes parts management sometimes hard.
I think there must be many issues with this plug-in, now, since it takes such a long time to run. Specifically, though, what I've discovered is that using this will remove all subsequent clef changes in a score.
When changing clefs, the position of - some - subsequent lines and symbols jumps with the notes; and then after another clef change it doesn't jump back to the initial position. This can cause for many objects to be wrongly placed, if the user doesn't watch out. PS: This only happens with some lines (which usually transpose), although that isn't possible to determine which ones they are. PSS: For lack of time I couldn't ...more »
Young composers do need 2 things to get a contract or a performance of their music: A properly engraved score and a very good sounding demo-file. Don't ask me why but this is the way it somehow goes. Very often you have dif. sounds in one staff which can be handled via soundsets. But if there is no soundset available for a certain soundlibrary it might be helpful the change the midi-channel to trigger another sound ...more »
After the changing of an instrument on a staff upon the original instrument returning, an exported MusicXML file does not reflect the correct transposition changes. For example. I input Ex 1 into Sibelius. I then export this as a MusicXML file. I then open this MusicXML file back into Sibelius and get Ex 2. The C Clarinet is now transposed incorrectly. There is also a B flat key signature. upon inspection of the MusicXML ...more »
Tempo primo used to work correctly in v7.5. However, it seems to be broken in 2018.1
I recently completed a piece in 3 movements. The final movement has an intro followed by a cadenza and then a section marked Tempo primo. This should start at the same tempo as the movement's intro, but it just seems to choose some random value. The movements are properly marked by Section End markers.