Campaign: Bugs

"Save" after MusicXML import overwrites MusicXML file

If a MusicXML file is imported, then maybe edited, then "Save"d (by ribbon tab File, or by keyboard shortcut Ctrl-S), then the original MusicXML file is overwritten with a Sibelius-format score file, but still having the original filename extension .xml or .mxl (not .sib). The original MusicXML file is destroyed by the over-writing. This is a double bug: 1. the filename extension is now incompatible with the contents ...more »

Submitted by (@robinwalker)

Voting

10 votes
10 up votes
0 down votes

Campaign: Bugs

MusicXML import Sibelius crash

Sibelius crashes with a "division by zero" error when importing a MusicXML file if the MusicXML originated with a Finale score in which the Patterson plug-in "Beam over Barlines" had been used to split a beam over a barline which is also a system break or page break. Sibelius should not crash, no matter how strange the MusicXML might be. Attached is (a) a sample Finale 2014 file with such a split beam over a system ...more »

Submitted by (@robinwalker)

Voting

8 votes
8 up votes
0 down votes

Campaign: Bugs

MusicXML export of multiverse lyrics bad

When the Sibelius built-in MusicXML exporter processes a score with multi-verse lyrics, it produces MusicXML output which few other applications (other than Finale) can import correctly. There are two distinct problems. Problem 1: For each [lyric] item in exported MusicXML, Sibelius attaches an attribute entitled "number" looking something like this: number="part1verse1" where every other MusicXML exporter I have ...more »

Submitted by (@robinwalker)

Voting

4 votes
4 up votes
0 down votes

Campaign: Bugs

MusicXML export incorrect

The Tempo text "Slower" or "Faster" generates MusicXML code for an inappropriate metric modulation, rather than for a tempo change.

 

See attachments for more evidence.

Submitted by (@robinwalker)

Voting

3 votes
3 up votes
0 down votes

Campaign: Features

Improved and more complete MusicXML Importing

Sibelius 8.1 - Music XML Import ignores many important notation features. It would be great if these problems could be fixed: 1) importing ignores all lines (gliss, trill line, etc.) 2) stem attribute "none" is ignored, ignores Stem direction element 3) ignores mid-bar clef changes 4) ignores Boxed (enclosure) attribute for text 5) ignores snap pizz articulation and most other accents 6) does not import most symbols ...more »

Submitted by (@bgdegazio)

Voting

2 votes
2 up votes
0 down votes

Campaign: Features

Include note x position in MusicXML exports

MusicXML supports giving accurate layout information, specifically the default-x attribute of the < note > elements, like < note default-x="141" > . Sibelius already knows where notes are; please include this attribute in the MusicXML export.

Submitted by (@joelbecker.net)

Voting

2 votes
2 up votes
0 down votes

Campaign: Bugs

MusicXML export incorrect credits y position

Hello, In the example Sibelius file, there are two credits, one is a title "Articulations" and the other is "Copyright @ Concerto". Bottom "Copyright..." is ok but y positions of "Articulations" text is incorrectly exported in MusicXML. I replaced "<, >" to "[, ]" because this community board does not allow xml format text(!?!?...) [credit page="1"] [credit-words default-x="598" default-y="155" font-family="Plantin ...more »

Submitted by (@panarch)

Voting

2 votes
2 up votes
0 down votes

Campaign: Bugs

MusicXML conversion incorrect

After the changing of an instrument on a staff upon the original instrument returning, an exported MusicXML file does not reflect the correct transposition changes. For example. I input Ex 1 into Sibelius. I then export this as a MusicXML file. I then open this MusicXML file back into Sibelius and get Ex 2. The C Clarinet is now transposed incorrectly. There is also a B flat key signature. upon inspection of the MusicXML ...more »

Submitted by (@jonathan404)

Voting

2 votes
2 up votes
0 down votes

Campaign: Bugs

Export to XML loses beam information

I've reported this as a bug. Exporting simple folk music with 8th note and 16th note clusters with beams into MusicXML causes the beam information to disappear.

 

Reimporting the XML file back into Sibelius shows separate notes only. So does using the XML file as the input for conversions to ABC notation.

Submitted by (@karen.l.myers)

Voting

1 vote
1 up votes
0 down votes